How to Say "I Do"- Venues
"Some people LOOK for a beautiful place, others MAKE a place beautiful."
Finding the perfect venue is *almost* as important as the dress. That being said, we know it can be stressful. Here are a few tips to help you that you may have not already thought of:
- If budget is your biggest concern, look for venues who offer "bring your own". These types of venues allow you to use your personal contacts to create your dream wedding.
- The con to this is it is more work for you- you will be in charge of communicating between the venue and the vendors. Also, if you're working with "a friend of a friend" you run the risk of not getting what you want and not feeling able to tell them.
- Are you wanting an outdoor wedding but are worried about your guests' comfort?
- Look for a venue with a level space for a tent! Tenting is a great alternative for rain as well!
- If you're going for a rustic feel, not just any barn will do!
- Look for venues with finished details! Also, an actual working barn can pose obstacles you might not have been expecting (horses don't tend to smell like roses!).
- Destination weddings can be tricky if your resort is not all-inclusive.
- Also, be sure to pick a resort whose wedding coordinator understands your vision. If you're stuck working with someone who doesn't "get" you, the experience on the whole can be affected.
So, obviously, these are just simple things that can help you narrow down what you've already seen/ been looking at. If you're having trouble picking a venue type in general, and you don't have your dress yet, maybe try gown selection first! Sometimes finding *the dress* can help set you down a path!